Friday, May 5, 2006

1,400 Stairs, but You Can't Beat the View



Well after some slight deliberation, and spending most of my morning sorting out e-mail issues with the hotel and the server room in Costa Rica, I was able to see some of the sites of Sydney Australia today. I am "Down Under" to speak at a conference which begins next week in Melbourne so I am in Sydney getting adjusting to the time difference and seeing as much of the sites as I can in the two days of "personal" time I have before I get hunkered down next week in Melbourne.

The only deliberation that was going on with me was whether or not to do the walk today or on Saturday when I knew I had more time. I went down to the harbor around lunchtime (after getting e-mail issues taken care long enough to get three days worth of e-mail openeded before it crashed again), and the weather was so wonderful that I decided today was the day to do the climb.

For those fo you who don't know you can pay($165 Aussie dollars) to climb a tone of stairs (1,340 they tell me), to go to the top of the famouse Syndey Harbor bridge. The draw back is they make you wear these silly ass outfits and won't let you bring your own camera and stuff, which I can understand, so I only have a few "official" pictures from the event, but I can tell you that the view from the top of the bridge was most spectatular and well worth the money.

To view some more of the "official" photos taken during the bridge climb, click on the headline above.

I ended up getting a lot in today as on my way back to the hotel I swung by the famous Syndey Opera House and was able to get in on the last tour of the day. I will have more photos to share tomrw.

No comments:

Post a Comment