Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dick Clark Brings in New Year

So I am fully aware that Dick Clark has dealt with some serious medical issues in recent years and he certainly can no longer carry the popular moniker of America's Oldest Teenager, but I hope for the sake of the current generation of kids, that this is the last year we see him on his New Year's special.
It had been sometime since I found myself at home on New Year's Eve, but family commitments were such that I brought in the New Year in a nice and simple way at home with just my wife and I and the TV. I was amazed at how poor Dick looked and how hard he was to understand. I know how hard it can be to deal with strokes as I have many people very close to me suffer from them. I also know the importance of image and branding from my professional life and I hope that for Dick's sake someone close to him and convince him that next year he should take a behind the scenes role on the show, or maybe even pre-record something that won't have him live.
I might be over reacting here, but you can judge for yourself, see how much of a train wreck the final countdown was as the big ball droppped.

No comments:

Post a Comment