Monday, January 18, 2010

Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King

I am not, in any means, an official historian. I am however, a lover of history.
I say this because every Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, of which today is, I make it a point to listen to the entire "I Have a Dream" speech, easily one of Dr. King's most famous and significant orations.
It is a true shame that our country lost this visionary and leader long before his time was done. While his "I Have a Dream" speech has a few sentences that everyone knows, if you haven't heard the entire speech in its entirety I would encourage you do so today (and often) as it is truly an inspiring message and also sheds light on how far we have come as a nation and how far we still have to go.
Please take 18 minutes out of your day to view this and share it with your children and friends. Maybe it can be used to open up dialogue with another generation of the significance of the man as well as his message.

1 comment:

  1. "We are hear to cash in that check and enjoy the riches of freedom and the security of justice."
    One of my favorite lines.

    ReplyDelete