Monday, December 19, 2005

A Day For Ray

Well this marks two non-travel related posts in a row but oh well (and it might be a month or so before another post as my travel plate looks clean for a while).

It is nearly 2 a.m. on Monday morning and my good friend Ray Lindewirth will be buried in about 9 hours from now. I have been asked to deliver the eulogy at his funeral mass and while I know what I want to say I have been having trouble sleeping lately because a) I don't want to mess up my talk, and b) I hope to give him the respect and honor that is due to him.

The visitation was Sunday and it was good to meet up with a bunch of friends and fellow Knights beforehand for dinner and to share Ray stories, I know he was with us as we laughed and remembered him, that was the kind of stuff that Ray loved most, just hanging out with friends and visiting.

Drop me a line to say hello (kevins@betonsports.com) and have a happy holidays and a happy New Year.

Next travel posts will likely be New York-related, but more info on that after the first of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment