Thursday, December 15, 2005

An Up and Down Day

Wow, what a 30 minute span I had last night.

First the good:
Long story short, at about 8:20 I get a call that I have FREE VIP tickets to go see U2 on one of their final shows of the Vertigo tour in STL.

Then the bad:
My excitement of getting to go see one of my favorite bands (for free none the less) was brought down in a hurry as while I was driving to pickup my gal for the concert (and my hookup for the tickets) I got a call that one of my dear friends Ray Lindewirth had passed away that evening. I was going to not go to the concert but was encouraged by my friend to go and see the show since there was nothing much I could do that evening.

I will miss Ray dearly, as he was a great friend and was my first captain when I started throwing darts years ago and he was my mentor of sorts, as I took over the reigns of being the captain as he hung up his darts a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment