Friday, October 14, 2005

Buying Drugs in Costa Rica

Don't worry the legal kind!!

I started coming down with a little bit of a soar throat the other day and didn't give my thought to it. . .Well of course now today I have a bad cough, running nose, and general discomfort. Nothing to serious, just more of an inconvenience than anything.

So while I managed to ask someone in Spanish where the drugstore was around here (Donde es parmacia) I couldn't really understand his directions, but the pointing helped and I was able to make it there.

Now I just have to hope I bought a cold medicine not a laxative, I am pretty confident I got the right stuff, it looks a lot like what I would get at Walgreen's and it is made by Bayer (the only word I understood on the box), so let's hope my weekend isn't ruined by me feeling under the weather.


Some of asked what the mall looks like, I found a few photos of the building, from the Internet, and have posted them to the left. In the second picture you can see better the portion of the building off to your right which is where my apartment is at. The photos don't do the size and magnitude of the place justice though.

In my quest to get drugs tonight I was able to see the mall from a different perspective, it is funny how some things are so universal. The mall was dominated on a Friday night by Jr. High aged kids who clearly are enjoying themselves with little or no adult supervision. There is a cinema here so if I don't feel like doing a tour this weekend I might take in a movie (most of the movies are in English so that is good.

Tomrw will be a day of work and sports watching, Go IRISH, GO CARDS!!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment