Friday, October 21, 2005

In a Holding Pattern . . .In SoBe

Well, good news bad news as they say.

The Public Relations Society of America conference I was to attend this week in Miami has been canceled. To bad for me though I didn't get the news until I was already in Miami, so now I am in sort of a holding pattern. My schedule was such that I am going to meet with some other BoS members of the management team here in Miami later this week with a firm we use. The meetings are still on so I am going to hang in Miami and see what happens. We, the BoS group, were then going to from Miami to Atlanta for the NASCAR race next weekend. If I can hold out through the storm I will just meet up with the guys when they get to Miami, if I have to leave of course I will.

The bad news is that the weekend I was to have with Kelly in South Beach has been cancelled as well, we both felt it was in her and our better interest to just hold off and we can see each other when my hectic Oct. Schedule calms down in November.

The good news is that the storm appears to be weakening, in terms of its affect on South Florida, as it hammers Cancun and other parts of Mexico. The other good news, if you are going to be stuck somewhere waiting out a storm South Beach isn't all that bad of a spot, and the resort I am at isn't bad either. I was upgraded to a one-room suite (photos to come tomorrow), and from what I can tell of the place so far it is pretty good, haven't seen it in daylight, but here is the link:
http://www.fontainebleau.com/index.php

The Dolphins/chiefs game was played tonight instead of Sunday due to the impending storm, I was hoping to catch the game, but of course our flight out of Costa Rica was delayed so I didn't land and make it through customs until halftime, so I just came to the hotel.

I do have a plan "B" if needed while down here. One of the co-IT Directors for BoS lives in Miami while he is not in Costa Rica and by chance we were on the same flight together today, so while we were driving from the office to the airport we had a good discussion about what lies ahead and I will call him if Miami is put under an evacuation order, not sure where we will go, but it is nice to know I have a Floridian to lean on if that is what it comes to.

It is good to be back in the states though, the room has AC, a bath tub, and I can get ESPN in English. . . Prayers go out to everyone in Mexico getting hammered by Wilma right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment