Saturday, October 8, 2005

Clouds Everywhere -- Even in My Head

Well it is the rainy season here in Costa Rica, I have been told the rainy season runs six months out of the year, meaning it rains every day (no exaggeration either). Most of the time it will only rain for a few hours and then the clouds just kind of linger in the area, but it rained almost non-stop since Thursday, including a hard rain on Friday. I woke up today (Saturday) and while it was still overcast, it was more clear that it has been since my arrival, the only problem was I think my head was full of clouds as well.
Last night a group from the BoS team went out to dinner to celebrate the birthday of Nick, our poker manger, (a really nice English chap who just turned 31). It was a different experience for me as we showed up to the restaurant and drank for nearly 1 hour before they decided to ask for our order. I figured this was just the normal way of doing things in Costa Rica but I was informed this place was different. The food was very good and we ended up staying there nearly four hours, and drinking more than eating. I didn't help either than when I ordered a whiskey and ginger ale they brought out a half bottle of Johnnie Walker and a bottle of Ginger Ale and let me go at it (hence the clouds in my head when I awoke this morning).
After dinner we all went back to Will's (the marketing director for BoS) to play some poker and continue our drinking. It was down to the final four (and I was middle stack) and then the old guys who were with us decided it was time to leave (it was after all 3 a.m.) so the game ended abruptly, but I know I was going to finish first or second (Nick was still in and posed the only real threat as the other players were more drunk that Nick and I and playing crazy poker).
In the office today tying up some loose ends for some different projects I have been assigned, but will have some photos to share later today as I get them uploaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment