Monday, October 10, 2005

Enter Week 2

Entered the second week of this month long journey today and started to get settled in and luckily for me starting to venture further and further away from the mall area -- the office is in the upper levels of the largest shopping mall in Costa Rica, but still don't venture too far and don't go anywhere on the streets alone.

There has been a little bit of an English invasion here at BoS over the last few days as some more Englishmen make there way back to Costa Rica to continue consulting work or other activities for BoS. Most of them are good "chaps" though and we all seem to be around the same age of 30 and have an affection for the F-word (I guess we are in a global world now huh).

There has been a fair amount of ribbing from the English contingent and the American contingent (OK really just me and a Canadian, but I need all the help I can get). I remind the English blokes that we (Americans) just took all their good things and made them better and now run the world while they just do as we say! (they love to hear that). . .Of course I did grant them that they had an advantage when it came to beer, football (the real kind not our bastardized American version), curry, fish and chips, and a few others. But we still run the world and our dental coverage seems to put them to shame (that was a real crack up when I laid that one on them).

I am laying the ground work for a weekend venture into one of Costa Rica's crown jewels, The Arenal Volcano, and am looking forward to seeing the sites and getting away from the office for a few days this weekend.

To check out some photos of the volcano, you can click here:
http://www.arenal.net/photo-gallery.htm

Tonight appears to be a good night to stay in, raining hard today (yes for the record it has rained every single day since I have been here, but this morning it was probably as bright and sunny as it has been since I arrived, the clouds rolled in around 2 p.m. today), so I will get to watch the Yankees lose (I hope at least) and the Monday Night Football game.

Can't wait for the Cardinals series to start along with the big Notre Dame/USC football game on Saturday, what a better way for the Irish to return the program to its glory than to knock off unbeaten and two-time defending national champion USC.

Cheers --

No comments:

Post a Comment