Thursday, October 20, 2005

Natural Disasters Week

Well I stole the above headline from one of the cable networks, I can't remember if it is the Weather Channel, Discover, or National Geographic, but I know one of them will do a whole week were each night is a different show about a natural disasters.

That is kind of how I feel today as I make preparations to head to Miami to be there the same time that hurricane Wilma will hit. I am trying to gather as much information as possible, communicating with the airline, hotel, and the conference organizers (my main reason for going was a Public Relations society of America trade show), and others to see the best course of action.

Will probably have a better idea Friday when I get there in terms of what course of action I need to take (should I fly to STL and hang low until Wilma passes over or will it be safe enough in Miami to wait it out at the resort.

One thing is for sure, I will be glad to be back in the states and out of a third world country, even if I have to contend with Wilma.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment