Friday, October 14, 2005

The English Invasion -- 2005 Version

Well as I eluded to in an earlier post on here it was confirmed tonight, over a marvelous dinner btw, that the new management team that was brought on board BetOnSports over the last six months, and dominated by Englishmen, are getting high marks in industry circles, so I am glad to hear that and confident we are headed in the right direction, I am thrilled and excited to play a small part in the new team. I came to this insight through an enlightening conversation as I was treated to dinner with a BoS "teammate" from one of our "vendors" from Costa Rica who has a lot of insight into the industry and shared with us what some of the other "movers and shakers" in Costa Rica (nearly the entire online sports book industry is based down here) were saying about us. While we have a lot to prove, the general consensus is that we are headed in the right direction and the "Brits" have brought a good direction to the operation.

I wish I could say I was equally as excited about my stay down here, but now the end is in site and knowing that I leave in a week is a relief and is starting to energize me once again.

It does look like I will be working on Saturday, which means I get to watch the Cardinals-Astros game three (to bad the Cards dropped game two, but I think we will still win the series, but it will be close once again), and the big Notre Dame-USC game, but I won't get to do any over night stays in the rain forest. I do hope to get a day trip to Arenal on Sunday (assuming that the tour company offers them on Sunday, but I am hopeful they do).

An another related sports note, the U.S. National team won its final World Cup qualifier against Panama, and while their spot was already sealed for Germany 06, it is big for them to win their group because for the first time in the history of the World Cup FIFA is using a form of seeding, basically this will ensure that group winners, like America, don't end up in the same group together, so we won't see France, Brazil, Germany, etc. until we get into the knockout stage of the tourney.

GO USA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment